The Information You Need To Safely and Successfully Stop Antidepressants in Preparation for Psychedelic Therapies!
Psychedelic therapies are rapidly emerging as evidence-backed treatments for mental illnesses traditionally managed with antidepressants. Many antidepressants risk counterproductive or physically adverse interactions in combination with psychedelics. Antidepressants have withdrawal symptoms that can introduce risks when tapering and discontinuing their use. This course aims to inform and educate persons and their providers about risks of antidepressant discontinuation and strategies for proceeding safely, as well as the interaction potential between antidepressants and various psychedelic substances with therapeutic potential.
In this online course you will learn
- What antidepressants are, their course of therapy, and limitations of use
- Factors to consider when deciding whether to taper and discontinue antidepressants
- How to differentiate antidepressant withdrawal, rebound symptoms, and return of original illness
- Strategy for monitoring and supporting antidepressant tapers
- How antidepressants interface and interact with therapeutic psychedelic interventions